- You must be present in person at the upcoming World Saxophone Congress to propose to the body of participants during the general meeting (schedule will be determined by current host).
- There is no official format required for your presentation. However, we encourage you to make your proposal as appealing and accurate as possible to give participants the best information on which to vote upon.
- Normally, the presentation should be no more than 30 minutes. For best result, we suggest no less than 15 minutes. Again, it is advisable to present as much information as you could offer to all participants. Visual aids are highly recommended such as video or PowerPoint presentation but they are not required. You would need to work with the current host to request any equipment needed.
- According to our statutes, the International Saxophone Committee does NOT select host country unless under extenuating circumstances. During the General Meeting, WSC participants will vote to select their desired destination.
Important information for your consideration and include in your proposal:
- The number of WSC attendants varies but normally 1500+
- Present any committed financial support from the city and/or other sponsorships
- Announce involvement of any professional ensembles (usually band and orchestra) for accompanying soloists in evening concerts
- Propose dates for your event (the length of WSC is normally five days)
- Propose location(s) for your event
- General requirements for the location:
- Large concert hall for evening concerts (1600+ seats)
- Small concert hall for major recitals and master classes
- Many large rooms for simultaneous performances throughout the event.
- Large room/hall to host the general meeting (250+ seats)
- Community interactions are recommended but not required
- Accessibility for people who need them.
Thank you for your interest in hosting the next World Saxophone Congress! All the very best!